Nursery & Preschool Ministry
Our nurseries strive to provide a happy, healthy, and safe environment so that parents can worship confidently, knowing their children are well cared for.
Each volunteer faithfully attends Berean Baptist Church, fills out an application including a background check, trains with a supervisor, and is teamed up with an experienced nursery worker. Volunteers are always teamed by two or more. Each room is equipped with age appropriate toys, cribs, and rockers along with snacks chosen specifically for every age level.
The indoor playground is available for open play before and after services and used for BBC children's ministries.
Safety and Security: Keeping Our Children Safe
To ensure the safety and security within our BBC Children's Ministry, BBC has partnered with KidCheck to bring you the best experience at check-in. Every child fifth grade and younger must be checked in by a parent or guardian.
Guests, please come to the Nursery Hallway Visitor's desk, and we will be glad to check in your child.
For those already in our BBC family and who have created a guardian account at go.kidcheck.com, you can quickly check in your children at one of the self-service kiosks at various locations using the following process:
1. Find a check-in station. (Narthex Welcome Desk kiosks or Fellowship Center Hallway kiosks)
2. Enter the system by simply typing your ten-digit phone number.
3. For each child you will be checking in, select each service that the child will attend.
4. Select "Finish" at the bottom right of the screen. A child tag and a guardian receipt will print.
5. Place the child's tag on his/her back to be used as a sticker ID. Keep the guardian receipt with you. This receipt will be used at pick-up to grant admission into the Kids Zone and to authorize child pick-up.
6. Make sure your cell phone is on "Vibrate."
Nursery Director: Mrs. Reyna Torberson
Reyna Torberson was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. She grew up in a Christian home and came to know Christ at the age of nine.
She attended Pensacola Christian College where she met her husband, Nate. Upon completion of her Bachelor of Science in Education in 2004, she and Nate were married and settled in Fayetteville when Nate was stationed at Fort Bragg.
Reyna is a mother of three young children and enjoys watching her children grow up on the family's farm near Fayetteville. In the past, Reyna has served as a high school teacher at Berean Baptist Academy and as a nursery supervisor at Berean Baptist Church.
In addition to serving as the Nursery Director, Reyna assists her husband in leading the Foundation Sunday School class.
Send a note with any questions or comments about our nurseries to by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.